Signage is essential to making a strong brand presence and getting in front of your target audience. They can convey any type of message that strengthens your marketing efforts and advertise your business 24/7.
Outdoor signs, in particular, are responsible for establishing your business presence. They introduce your brand and help attract customers to your business. With such an important role, it’s necessary to have the right signs installed outside your business. But what are the right signs for your business specifically?
In this blog, we will uncover valuable tips and tricks on how to build your brand with outdoor marketing signs. For all the answers to your questions about finding the right outdoor signs for you, keep reading.
The Impact of Outdoor Signage for Businesses
The signs outside your space are usually the customer’s first point of contact with your business. These signs work endlessly to build awareness for your brand, attract customers, and establish your place in the local community. Having well-designed signs sets the customer’s expectation about who and what your business is, which may compel them to visit or make a purchase.
Types of Exterior Signs
At Saltwater Signworks, we offer a wide selection of outdoor signage solutions. Each type of sign has unique functions that will positively impact your business. Here are some examples to get you started:
- Exterior Building Signs: As they are usually found on a building’s façade, building signs are designed to display your business name, logo, and other essential information. They are visible, eye-catching, and informative for passersby.
- Monument Sign: These freestanding signs are mounted low on the ground at the perfect eye-level of people passing by. They can help direct customers toward your business and establish your business as a landmark.
- Pylon Signs: This type of signage is tall and towering, which is why they are usually placed along the road or in hard-to-reach areas to display your business name. They are excellent wayfinding markers, as they are visible from a great distance.
- Outdoor Light Box Signs: Illuminated signs improve your business’s visibility, while also highlighting your brand. They can be mounted on your storefront, hung from the ceiling, or added to freestanding signs.
Designing Outdoor Marketing Signs
A professionally designed sign can make a huge difference in how you represent your brand. To ensure an impactful signage design, here are some factors to consider:
- Visibility: Choose designs that are visible even from a distance and in low-light areas. Picking the right colors and adding illumination are effective ways to achieve this goal. The more visible your business is, the more foot traffic it will experience.
- Brand Consistency: You want your brand to make an impression at the first point of contact; however, you also want it to be memorable each time afterward. To achieve consistent branding, make sure your choice of colors, font styles, and even your overall theme remains the same.
- Find the Right Materials: Thematerials you choose for your outdoor signs can affect not just your sign’s durability but also its vibrance. Go fordurable materials that can withstand a variety of outdoor conditions, such as rain, wind, and direct sunlight.
Permits and Regulations
Depending on the city you’re in, there is a good chance that your desired exterior building signs will need to adhere to local zoning laws and regulations. You may find that there are restrictions or limitations when it comes to size, height, and illumination. As such, it’s important to make sure your signs are designed accordingly.
Get High-Quality Outdoor Signs for Your Business Today
Let your brand shine and leave a lasting impression on your customers today! Saltwater Signworksis ready to walk you through the process of creating impactful signs today and get started as soon as you give us the go-ahead.
Whether you’re looking for outdoor event signs, storefront signs, or outdoor light box signs, our team can help! Call us today to get started and get a free quote.